Mississippi Summer Arts Institute: CORE Arts Camp
Dates CORE Arts Camp:
June 18, 2022- June 30, 2022
****Please note that scholarship applications will not be processed until AFTER the $150 registration fee has been received and ALL necessary scholarship materials have been submitted to Holly Senter in the Arts Education office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about registration or scholarships, please reach out to the Arts Education Office at 662-846-4844, and we will be happy to assist you!
What exactly is CORE Arts?
CORE Arts is a 2 week-long, intensive summer arts program, where emerging artists can realize their dreams, unleash their imagination, and discover and explore their talents, while staying safe. Because of COVID this year, again we will again give the campers the option to stay on campus or attend as a day-camper.
Who’s it for?
Ages 11-18 (rising 7th graders – graduating high school seniors).
What am I getting out of it?
Each day, campers will receive wide-ranging and intensive instruction from experienced teaching artists in a variety of art forms including dance, literary arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Campers customize their schedule by choosing their own course of study in a five-period-per-day format. Courses offer a tremendous opportunity for individual instruction, with a teacher-student ratio of approximately 1:12. Core Arts exists to promote the creative abilities of young artists who wish to cultivate and enjoy their own artistry.
What will I do there?
Campers fill out surveys so that we know what types of courses to schedule for upcoming summers, but we also take into account that new and emerging artistic disciplines like comic book drawing and digital arts are especially popular with our young artists. Courses we have held in the past include dramatic improvisation, scene and character study, musical theatre, hip-hop dance, introduction to Photoshop, mixed-media portraiture, painting with found materials, web-series development, and many more! Students will also partake in evening and weekend activities, which have previously included trips to Memphis to see Broadway performances at the Orpheum, Professional Baseball games in Jackson and Memphis, guided canoe trips along the Mississippi River, artist led tours of Peters Pottery and McCarty Pottery Studios, and a private tour of the Grammy MS Museum with Karaoke.
2022 CORE ARTS Day Camp (NON RESIDENTIAL)
- Ages 11-18 (Rising 7th graders through graduating high school seniors)
- Cost: $850, an all-inclusive fee that provides all art supplies, field trips and tickets for activities over the weekend, admission to GRAMMYMS Museum, breakfast and lunch daily, an MSAI t-shirt, water bottle and backpack.
2022 CORE ARTS Camp (RESIDENTIAL)
- In the residential option campers will stay on Delta State’s campus in the dorms. Students will be dropped off Saturday, June 18 and stay in our residence halls through the final day of camp, Thursday, June 30th.
- Campers may choose to stay in an individual room or to share a room with another camper. The residence halls are single-sex and secure, with BPAC providing a head counselor in addition to the Resident Assistant who works for DSU’s Housing Department.
- Cost: $1200, an all inclusive fee that provides housing for 2 weeks, 3 meals a day, all art supplies, admission and tickets for all weekend activities and field trips, breakfast, lunch and dinner in the DSU Cafeteria for the duration of their stay, an MSAI t-shirt, water bottle and backpack
Tuition and Fees
Cost: $850 for the day camp or $1200 for the residential option. There is a non-refundable deposit of $150 due when you are admitted to camp. Both need-based and merit based scholarships are available, please contact the BPAC Arts Education Office for more information. All campers must be paid in full by JUNE 1st to attend unless prior arrangements have been made. Refunds will not be issued past JUNE 1, 2022. Please contact the Arts Education Office at the Bologna Performing Arts Center with any questions: email@example.com or 662-846-4844
How does CORE Arts compare to other overnight camps with arts activities in-state?
Camp Twin Lakes near Florence, MS (1 week) – $599
Mississippi College Music Camp in Clinton, MS (1 week) – $500
Mississippi School of the Arts in Brookhaven, MS (1 week) – $395
Mississippi State Production Camp in Starkville, MS (2 weeks) – $1,300
Mississippi State Writer’s + Production Camp in Starkville, MS (3 weeks) – $1,900