Mississippi Summer Arts Institute: CORE Arts
Registration is CLOSED for CORE ARTS Camp 2021!
You may sign up for the waitlist and we will contact you if an opening becomes available.
What exactly is CORE Arts?
CORE Arts is a week-long, intensive summer arts program, where emerging artists can realize their dreams, unleash their imagination, and discover and explore their talents, while staying safe. Because of COVID this year campers have the option to stay on campus or attend as a day-camp.
Who’s it for?
Ages 12-18 (rising 7th graders – graduating high school seniors).
What am I getting out of it?
Each day, campers will receive wide-ranging and intensive instruction from experienced teaching artists in a variety of art forms including dance, literary arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Campers customize their schedule by choosing their own course of study in a five-period-per-day format. Courses offer a tremendous opportunity for individual instruction, with a teacher-student ratio of approximately 1:12. Core Arts exists to promote the creative abilities of young artists who wish to cultivate and enjoy their own artistry.
What will I do there?
Campers fill out surveys so that we know what types of courses to schedule for upcoming summers, but we also take into account that new and emerging artistic disciplines like comic book drawing and digital arts are especially popular with our young artists. Courses we have held in the past include dramatic improvisation, scene and character study, musical theatre, hip-hop dance, introduction to Photoshop, mixed-media portraiture, painting with found materials, web-series development, and many more!
2021 CORE ARTS Day Camp (NON RESIDENTIAL)
- Ages 12-18 (Rising 7th graders through graduating high school seniors)
- Cost: $350, an all-inclusive fee that provides all art supplies, breakfast and lunch, an MSAI t-shirt, water bottle and backpack.
2021 CORE ARTS Camp (RESIDENTIAL)
- In the residential option campers will stay on Delta State’s campus in the dorms. Students may be dropped off Sunday, July 11 and stay in our residence halls through the final day of camp on Saturday, July 17.
- Campers may choose to stay in an individual room or to share a room with another camper. The residence halls are single-sex and secure, with BPAC providing a head counselor in addition to the Resident Assistant who works for DSU’s Housing Department.
- Cost: $475, an all inclusive fee that provides housing, 3 meals a day, all art supplies, breakfast and lunch, an MSAI t-shirt, water bottle and backpack
Tuition and Fees
Cost: $350 for the day camp or $475 for the residential option, including an all-inclusive fee. There is a non-refundable deposit of $75 due when you are admitted to camp. All campers must be paid in full by June 30 to attend unless prior arrangements have been made. Refunds will not be issued past June 30, 2021. Please contact the Arts Education Office at the Bologna Performing Arts Center with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-846-4844
How does CORE Arts compare to other overnight camps with arts activities in-state?
Camp Twin Lakes near Florence, MS (1 week) – $599
Mississippi College Music Camp in Clinton, MS (1 week) – $500
Mississippi School of the Arts in Brookhaven, MS (1 week) – $395
Mississippi State Production Camp in Starkville, MS (2 weeks) – $1,300
Mississippi State Writer’s + Production Camp in Starkville, MS (3 weeks) – $1,900