MSAI Employment Opportunities
The arts education department is now accepting applications for employment at the Mississippi Summer Arts Institute. To apply, please download and complete our Employment Application.
CORE Arts (ages 12-18) is a two-week residential camp during the month of June that requires counselors to live on campus with the campers.
PLUS Camp (ages 5-11) is a day-camp that requires counselors from the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm. Housing is not provided for PLUS camp.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Desire to work in an arts environment & to enhance campers’ learning experience
- At least 18 years of age for PLUS Camp, 21 years of age for CORE Arts
- Experience working with children and/or the Arts
- Responsible for implementing unit activities, supervising camper’s daily activities
- Leadership qualities and ability to work in a team environment
- Artistically talented counselors may serve as teaching assistants for PLUS Camp
- Salary of $950 for CORE Arts counselors, plus all meals and lodging
- Salary of $350 for PLUS Camp counselors and teaching assistants
If interested, please contact the Arts Education Coordinator at 662-846-4844.