Mississippi Summer Arts Institute: Core Arts
Thank you for participating in CORE Arts 2017!
Dates for the Janice Wyatt Mississippi Summer Arts Institute CORE Arts Camp will be announced in January of 2018. Want to know more about the CORE Arts experience at Delta State University? Check our the info below! And while you’re at it, check out our very first original webseries, Keisha, the Sidekick, uploaded for your viewing pleasure on YouTube!
Ages 12-18 (rising 7th graders – graduating high school seniors).
Core Arts aims to create a space in which emerging artists can realize their dreams, unleash their imagination, and discover and explore their talents. Core Arts provides a positive and supportive environment for students who wish to gain exposure to the arts or aim to further develop their creative abilities. Each day, campers will receive wide-ranging and intensive instruction from experienced teaching artists in a variety of art forms including dance, literary arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Campers customize their schedule by choosing their own course of study in a five-period-per-day format. Courses offer a tremendous opportunity for individual instruction, with a teacher-student ratio of approximately 1:10. Core Arts exists to promote the creative abilities of young artists who wish to cultivate and enjoy their own artistry.
Classes featured at CORE Arts 2017 include: beginner’s jazz and contemporary dance, audition prep, acting 101, musical theatre and class voice (pop performance), ceramics, sculpture, digital production, stop-motion graphics, Brazilian and African drumming, mixed media portraiture, and more!
- Ages 12-18 (Rising 7th graders through graduating high school seniors)
- Participants must be 12 years or older to stay in the DSU dormitories
- Cost: $750, an all-inclusive fee that provides all art supplies, lodging accommodations, all meals, weekend field trips, and a MSAI t-shirt
- Ages 12-13 (Rising 7th & 8th graders)
- Cost: $650 (excludes the cost of lodging)
- Participant and parent/guardian are responsible for off-campus housing
- Participants are required to attend all daily camp activities, beginning with breakfast and ending after the evening activity, as well as all weekend excursions and activities
Please direct all questions to Cade Holder, Arts Education Coordinator: 662-846-4844.
Want even more evidence of why MSAI is awesome? Click the pic below to follow us on tumblr, where we upload photos and videos of all creative content of our campers!