Mississippi Summer Arts Institute: Core Arts
CORE Arts 2018 will take place June 3-16, 2018 and registration is open!
It’s that time of year again! CORE Arts registration is upon us, and your first step to having an amazing two weeks in June is to fill out this nifty APPLICATION. Even better? We’ve got online payments enabled for tuition this year in addition to our previous payment methods.
Interested in scholarships? Page two of the application has all the info you need. But be quick! The cut-off for scholarships is April 20, 2018, so be sure to submit all required materials.
There is the very real possibility someone told you to check out this page and you’ve got no idea what it is. That’s alright. We’ll explain below:
What exactly is CORE Arts?
Well, Core Arts aims to create a space in which emerging artists can realize their dreams, unleash their imagination, and discover and explore their talents. In short, it’s a super-mega-awesome camp at Delta State University, located in Cleveland, MS.
Who’s it for?
Ages 12-18 (rising 7th graders – graduating high school seniors).
What am I getting out of it?
Core Arts provides a positive and supportive environment for students who wish to gain exposure to the arts or aim to further develop their creative abilities. Each day, campers will receive wide-ranging and intensive instruction from experienced teaching artists in a variety of art forms including dance, literary arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Campers customize their schedule by choosing their own course of study in a five-period-per-day format. Courses offer a tremendous opportunity for individual instruction, with a teacher-student ratio of approximately 1:10. Core Arts exists to promote the creative abilities of young artists who wish to cultivate and enjoy their own artistry.
What will I do there?
Classes featured at CORE Arts 2017 include: beginner’s jazz and contemporary dance, audition prep, acting 101, musical theatre and class voice (pop performance), ceramics, sculpture, digital production, stop-motion graphics, Brazilian and African drumming, mixed media portraiture, and more!
Okay, I’m sold… what are my options for attending CORE Arts Camp?
- Ages 12-18 (Rising 7th graders through graduating high school seniors)
- Participants must be 12 years or older to stay in the DSU dormitories
- Cost: $750, an all-inclusive fee that provides all art supplies, lodging accommodations, all meals, weekend field trips, and a MSAI t-shirt
- Ages 12-13 (Rising 7th & 8th graders)
- Cost: $650 (excludes the cost of lodging)
- Participant and parent/guardian are responsible for off-campus housing
- Participants are required to attend all daily camp activities, beginning with breakfast and ending after the evening activity, as well as all weekend excursions and activities
Please direct all questions to Cade Holder, Arts Education Coordinator: 662-846-4844.
Need more reasons why MSAI is awesome? Click the pic below to follow us on Tumblr, where we upload photos and videos of all creative content of our campers!